Regional Agriculture Specialization in Ozaukee, Washington, Fond du Lac, and Sheboygan Counties
Our regional Agriculture educators serve Washington, Ozaukee, and Sheboygan Counties. The educators have developed areas of expertise to allow each to provide up-to-date research-based information in their area of specialization. Educators also address a wide range of local needs and programs. The regional specialized programs are as follows:
- Steph Plaster, Farm Management Educator, Phone (262) 284-8292, E-mail email@example.com, UW-Extension Ozaukee County office
- Farm Management: Focus on business feasibility and viability along with strategy development.
- Tina Kohlman, Dairy & Livestock Educator, Phone (920) 929-3180, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, UW-Extension Fond du Lac County office
- Dairy & Livestock: Focus on dairy production management including dairy calves and heifer management, animal husbandry and well-being, and nutrition to help dairy producers improve productivity, profitability, and efficiency while maintaining animal well-being.
- Mike Ballweg, Crops and Soils, Phone (920) 459-5904 E-mail email@example.com, UW-Extension Sheboygan County office
- Crops and Soils: Focus on agronomic BMPs, forage production and utilization, cover crops, soil health and water quality.
The Extension – Ozaukee County Office can assist you with:
- Soil sample bags
- Submission forms
- Helpful publications
- Answers to your soil results questions from a Extension Crops & Soils Agent.
Costs vary, depending on the type and quantity of samples and test desired. We encourage you to mail your samples directly to the lab via United States Postal Service Flat Rate Mailing.
UW-Madison’s Soil Testing Laboratories
- We utilize lab services from UW-Madison’s Soil Testing Laboratories in Verona or Marshfield.
- Current Services and Fees are listed online. Just select the type of testing you are interested in for the submission form, form instructions, sampling instructions and additional resources or select from these direct links:
For more information, please contact our office at (262) 284-8288 or one of the above listed Ag Regional Educators.