FLYING: DRONES/Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and Unmanned Aerial System (UAS)
What can you do in this project?
- Explore flight dynamics
- Explore forces of flight such as lift, gravity, thrust, and drag:
- Explore Remote Sensing such as passive sensors (the light captured in video and pictures) and active
sensors (laser beams or sound waves)
- Explore careers that use drones
- Explore regulations, safety, and ethics for operating drones
- Explore features and types of consumer drones and why the differences are based on intended use.
- Practice drone flying the develop pilot skills, including navigation around and through obstacles
Ages: 3rd grade and older
Cost: $90 per member (includes a drone). Note: exceptions on a case-by-case basis if the youth already has a drone.
- Contact Project Leader.
Project Add Deadline: TBA.
Location: Ozaukee County Fairgrounds, see below for specific building
Times: TBA. (based on youth members availability & meeting space availability)
- 2023-2024 project dates TBA. (based on youth members availability & meeting space availability)
For more information, please contact:
Jason Heller 414-502-8030 firstname.lastname@example.org