NEW in 2021! Ozaukee County 4-H is partnering with the Ozaukee County Historical Society to present ‘The Haunt at the Village’. The new location allows for less construction, but still lots of scaring!
We will be haunting this Fall! Calling all Ozaukee 4-H youth and adults to help with ‘The Haunt at The Village’.
2021 Event dates: Friday & Saturdays in October (Oct.15-16, 22-23, 29-30) Many 4-H youth and adult volunteers are required for the tradition of success to continue.
Why get involved? Why volunteer?…
- Proceeds support countywide activities & experiences for Ozaukee County 4-H youth!
- There are also college scholarships for youth who consistently work at The Haunt through their 4-H career.
- It’s a great way to raise funds, meet new people
- Have fun with your 4-H friends while SCARING your community friends and strangers alike
- Learn new skills like construction, props, staging, make-up, costuming, and MUCH more!
PREP & BUILD 2021:
- Prep/build work date updates will be done weekly and posted on the Haunt calendar (located below). Please check the Haunt calendar frequently.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING 2021 DATES:
Save the following training dates: (all volunteers need to attend ONE training session to understand your acting role, safety plan, and space layout)
- Saturday, October 9 – 10:00 am.
- Saturday, October 9 – 2:00 pm.
- Sunday, October 10 – 1:00 pm.
- Please sign-up for ONE training date here: Haunt Training RSVP (we need to know who is coming and how many)
EVENT VOLUNTEER SHIFTS:
Sign-up on the Sign-up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094daba92ea2f94-thehaunt1
- Actors- Older youth and adults can serve as actors. Youth must be in 8th grade or older to act.
- Ghoulies- Youth in 3rd grade and older can serve as Ghoulies to direct customers at the beginning and end of The Haunt.
- Haunt Patrol- Adult supervisors who assist youth actors in assigned rooms of The Haunt. Haunt Patrol MUST be registered 4-H volunteers who have completed training and background checks. If you are not registered, please enroll as an adult volunteer as soon as possible and we’ll send you information about how to complete the additional steps needed.
- Registered Nurse/EMT/Medical
- Food Prep
- And More!
MEALS AND SNACKS 2021:
Our volunteers are served dinner before The Haunt, and snacks during the evening. Volunteers are needed to donate, prepare, and serve the meals and snacks to approximately 60 people. Your family, a group of families, or your club could sign-up to provide a meal or snack on the Sign-up Genius at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094DABA92EA2F94-meals1
Questions about building times, locations, dates, etc, please text Deanna Lee, Haunt Committee member, at 262-352-2109.