Calling all Ozaukee 4-H youth and adults to help with THE HAUNT!
Why get involved? Why volunteer?…
- Your volunteer hours count towards your club’s profits from the Haunt, and the rest of the proceeds support countywide activities & experiences for Ozaukee County 4-H youth!
- There are also college scholarships for youth who consistently work at The Haunt through their 4-H career.
- It’s a great way to raise funds, meet new people
- Have fun with your 4-H friends while SCARING your community friends and strangers alike
- Learn new skills like construction, props, staging, make-up, costuming, and MUCH more!
Check the list below for various opportunities. We’re waiting for you….Mwah-ha-ha-ha!!!
THE BUILD 2019:
The Haunt build dates on site at the Dairy Barn and the Horse Barn at the Fairgrounds in Cedarburg.
Every work day there will be an adult Haunt committee member present to help guide you with task direction. When you arrive, be sure to sign-in to binder located by milk house table.
All ages are needed to build, paint, and eventually decorate. Come dressed in work clothes appropriate for the weather as the barns are not heated; closed toe shoes is a MUST. No need to sign-up- just stop in and help. Come when you can, even if it’s just an hour!
- August 28 – 6:00pm Prop prep night in Dairy Barn (bring empty plastic bottles and newspaper you may have around the house)
- August 31 – 8:30am – Wall panel offloading and placement (heavy lifting involved)
- September 4 – October 10
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday evenings from 6:00 – 8:30pm.
- Thursday, Friday evenings from 4:00 – 8:00pm.
- Saturdays from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Sundays from Noon – 4:00pm.
SAFETY/ACTOR & MAKE-UP TRAINING 2019 DATES
Learn techniques to keep our customers in suspense, while keeping with the theme of The Haunt. Also, learn how to keep yourself and others safe in the attraction. This workshop is REQUIRED for ALL youth and adult actors, Haunt Patrol and Ghoulies. Parents are encouraged to stay and participate.
Sign up for ONE date here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094daba92ea2f94-actor
- September 28: 10am-2pm at Fairgrounds, Show Arena
- September 29: Noon-4:00pm at Fairgrounds, Show Arena
VOLUNTEER THE NIGHTS OF THE HAUNT- OCTOBER 11-12, 18-19, 25-26, 2019
Sign-up on the Sign-up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094daba92ea2f94-thehaunt
- Actors- Older youth and adults can serve as actors. Youth must be in 8th grade or older to act.
- Ghoulies- Youth in 3rd grade and older can serve as Ghoulies to direct customers at the beginning and end of The Haunt.
- Haunt Patrol- Adult supervisors who assist youth actors in assigned rooms of The Haunt. Haunt Patrol MUST be registered 4-H volunteers who have completed training and background checks. If you are not registered, please enroll as an adult volunteer as soon as possible and we’ll send you information about how to complete the additional steps needed.
MEALS AND SNACKS 2019 DATES :
Our volunteers are served dinner before The Haunt, and snacks during the evening. Volunteers are needed to donate, prepare, and serve the meals and snacks to approximately 60 people. Your family, a group of families, or your club could sign-up to provide a meal or snack on the Sign-up Genius at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094daba92ea2f94-meals
STRIKE THE SET 2019 DATES
All good things must come to an end. We need lots of help to tear-down and pack-up the equipment. All ages are needed! Come dressed in work clothes appropriate for the weather as the barns are not heated.
- October 27 – November 10, 2019: Take Down & Trailer Loading
- Additional dates will be set-up if needed.
No need to sign-up- just stop in and help.