This page is for 4-H families volunteering to help with The Haunt Fundraiser. We will continue to update this page AND The Haunt calendar (see below) throughout the Haunt Season — please check back often for updates!
Ozaukee 4-H youth and adults are invited to help with ‘The Haunt’. Many 4-H youth and adult volunteers are required for the tradition of success to continue.
Interested in Building? Check out The Haunt calendar located below. Individuals should reference this calendar or add it to their family calendars for automatic updates. Any updates/adjustments to work days/times will be updated on this calendar – so check it before you come and check it often!
2023 Event dates: TBA.
Why get involved? Why volunteer?…
- Proceeds support countywide activities & experiences for Ozaukee County 4-H youth!
- There are also college scholarships for youth who consistently work at The Haunt through their 4-H career.
- It’s a great way to raise funds, meet new people
- Have fun with your 4-H friends while SCARING your community friends and strangers alike
- Learn new skills like construction, props, staging, make-up, costuming, and MUCH more!
PREP & BUILD 2023: Dates TBA.
- Prep/build work dates are posted on the Haunt calendar (located below) and will continue to have details added along with time updates – therefore, please check the Haunt calendar frequently.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING 2023: Dates TBA.
Please sign-up in advance to attend ONE of the mandatory trainings.
All volunteers need to attend ONE training session to understand your acting role, safety plan, and space layout. ADULTS needed too so make it a family fun volunteer experience!
EVENT VOLUNTEER SHIFTS 2023: Sign-up TBA.
- Actors- Older youth and adults can serve as actors. Youth must be in 8th grade or older to act.
- Ghoulies- Youth in 3rd grade and older can serve as Ghoulies to direct customers at the beginning and end of The Haunt.
- Haunt Patrol- Adult supervisors who assist youth actors in assigned rooms of The Haunt. Haunt Patrol MUST be registered 4-H volunteers who have completed training and background checks. If you are not registered, please enroll as an adult volunteer as soon as possible and we’ll send you information about how to complete the additional steps needed.
- Registered Nurse/EMT/Medical
- Food Prep
- And More!
MEALS AND SNACKS 2023: Sign-up TBA.
Our volunteers are served dinner before The Haunt, and snacks during the evening. Volunteers are needed to donate, prepare, and serve the meals and snacks to approximately 80 people. Your family, a group of families, or your club could sign-up to provide a meal or snack on the Sign-up Genius.
Questions about building times, locations, dates, etc, please text Deanna Lee, Haunt Committee member, at 262-352-2109.