What you can do in this project:
- Learn the fundamentals of archery marksmanship
- Learn rules and safety guidelines
- Learn to make archery accessories
- Shoot with compound and recurve bows
Cost: $20 per participant; $40 maximum per family
Equipment Needed: Bows, arrows, and quivers are provided.
Ozaukee County Fairgrounds Show Arena
Members shoot one time per week on Saturdays afternoons at assigned times on the following dates:
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 Parent/Guardian must attend this meeting along with 4-H youth member
- Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Saturday, February 23, 2019
- Saturday, March 16, 2019 Fun Shoot & Family Day
- Saturday, March 23, 2019 Practice Tournament
- Friday & Saturday, April 4-5, 2019 Tri-County Competition in Washington County
For more information, please contact:
Dan Aschebrook at 920-392-6247
Shooting Sports Consent for Emergency Treatment Form
4-H Shooting Sports Code of Conduct
Shooting Sports Waiver Form
Wisconsin Shooting Sports Tournament Information
2018 Tri-County Shoot Results
2017 Tri-County Shoot Results
2016 Tri-County Shoot Results
2015 Tri-County Shoot Results
2014 Tri-County Shoot Results
Shooting Sports Leader Certification
A statewide Shooting Sports Leader Certification workshop will be held to teach leaders how to conduct safe, supervised, shooting experiences for 4-H members enrolled in shooting sports projects and to complete required leader certification.
A Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports Leader may be certified in archery, coordinator, muzzleloader, pistol, rifle and shotgun disciplines. Leaders may only teach in the discipline in which they are certified. An adult leader cannot provide hands-on or safety instruction without a certified leader supervising the range.
All leaders must first complete one 12-hour workshop to be certified. After that, you may be eligible to attend a Saturday, eight-hour range workshop to receive an additional discipline certification. If three years lapse before adding an additional certification, the full 12-hour certification must be repeated. Only one certification may be obtained at any one certification workshop.
See the Wisconsin Shooting Sports 4-H Website for the dates and registration information for certification workshops. The 4-H Foundation will pay the registration cost of the workshop.
$70—Includes instructor manuals, equipment, ammunition, Friday pm snack, Saturday lunch, and Saturday am and pm snacks, or
$55—Saturday discipline-only—Leaders who completed a certification workshop in 2012, 2013 and spring 2014, may only need register for a Saturday discipline session of choice and pay a reduced $55 workshop fee.