What can you do in this project?
- Learn air rifle safety rules and procedures.
- Learn fundamentals of aiming and trigger squeeze.
- Learn to proficiently shoot in 3 positions.
- Demonstrate safe use of the air rifle through practice, talks, demonstrations, competitions and exhibits.
- Care and cleaning of air rifle equipment.
Ages: 8 years old and 3rd grade and older
Cost: $15 per participant; $30 maximum per family
- Air Rifles are provided or member can bring their own air rifle own which is subject to inspection.
- Air rifle must pass 1 ½ lb. trigger pull test.
- NO SCOPES ALLOWED.
- The air rifle must have capacity to shoot single-shot fashion.
- Air Rifle must be able to shoot .177 pellets (NO B.B.’s). .177 Pellets are provided.
- Air Rifle myst not b eover 700PSI. Higher powered air rifles can damage the targets.
Location, Dates, and Time:
Ozaukee County Fairgrounds Show Arena, W67N866 Washington Ave, Cedarburg, WI 53012
2021 Dates are all on Sundays
Each group will meet for four sessions. Session assignments were mailed out.
- Session One- Feb. 28, March 21, April 11, April 25
- Session Two-March 14, March 28, April 18, May 9
For more information, please contact:
Julie Fingeroos email@example.com
Air Rifle Range Etiquette
Air Rifle Safety Rules
Air Rifle Waiver Form
Wisconsin Shooting Sports Tournament Information
Code of Conduct
Consent for Emergency Treatment Form
2018 Tri-County Shoot Results
2017 Tri-County Shoot Results
Shooting Sports Leader Certification
A statewide Shooting Sports Leader Certification workshop will be held to teach leaders how to conduct safe, supervised, shooting experiences for 4-H members enrolled in shooting sports projects and to complete required leader certification.
A Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports Leader may be certified in archery, coordinator, muzzleloader, pistol, rifle and shotgun disciplines. Leaders may only teach in the discipline in which they are certified. An adult leader cannot provide hands-on or safety instruction without a certified leader supervising the range.
All leaders must first complete one 12-hour workshop to be certified. After that, you may be eligible to attend a Saturday, eight-hour range workshop to receive an additional discipline certification. If three years lapse before adding an additional certification, the full 12-hour certification must be repeated. Only one certification may be obtained at any one certification workshop.
See the Wisconsin Shooting Sports 4-H Website for the dates and registration information for certification workshops.
The 4-H Foundation will pay the registration cost of the workshop.
$70—Includes instructor manuals, equipment, ammunition, Friday pm snack, Saturday lunch, and Saturday am and pm snacks, or
$55—Saturday discipline-only—Leaders who completed a certification workshop in 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2016 may only need register for a Saturday discipline session of choice and pay a reduced $55 workshop fee.
Registration form and more information available at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hshootingsports/certification-workshops/