What can you do in this project?
- Learn air rifle safety rules and procedures.
- Learn fundamentals of aiming and trigger squeeze.
- Learn to proficiently shoot in 3 positions.
- Demonstrate safe use of the air rifle through practice, talks, demonstrations, competitions and exhibits.
- Care and cleaning of air rifle equipment.
Ages: 8 years old and 3rd grade and older
Cost: $15 per participant; $30 maximum per family
- Air Rifles are provided or member can bring their own air rifle own which is subject to inspection.
- Air rifle must pass 1 ½ lb. trigger pull test.
- NO SCOPES ALLOWED.
- The air rifle must have capacity to shoot single-shot fashion.
- Air Rifle must be able to shoot .177 pellets (NO B.B.’s). .177 Pellets are provided.
- Air Rifle must not be over 700PSI. Higher powered air rifles can damage the targets.
Project Add Deadline: December 1, 2022
Location: Ozaukee County Fairgrounds, Show Arena, W67N866 Washington Ave, Cedarburg, WI 53012
Time: Members shoot one time per week on Saturdays at assigned times (9:00-10:30 am OR 10:30-Noon)
- November 5 or 12: Orientation dates
- Other dates TBA.
For more information, please contact:
John Jacque email@example.com, 262-365-3188
Shooting Sports Leader Certification
A statewide Shooting Sports Leader Certification workshop will be held to teach leaders how to conduct safe, supervised, shooting experiences for 4-H members enrolled in shooting sports projects and to complete required leader certification.
A Wisconsin 4-H Shooting Sports Leader may be certified in archery, coordinator, muzzleloader, pistol, rifle and shotgun disciplines. Leaders may only teach in the discipline in which they are certified. An adult leader cannot provide hands-on or safety instruction without a certified leader supervising the range.
All leaders must first complete one 12-hour workshop to be certified. After that, you may be eligible to attend a Saturday, eight-hour range workshop to receive an additional discipline certification. If three years lapse before adding an additional certification, the full 12-hour certification must be repeated. Only one certification may be obtained at any one certification workshop.
See the Wisconsin Shooting Sports 4-H Website for the dates and registration information for certification workshops.
The 4-H Foundation will pay the registration cost of the workshop.
Registration form and more information available at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hshootingsports/certification-workshops/