What you can do in this project:
- The members will learn the basics of weaving.
- They have the opportunity to weave a spoked basket, a plaited basket and a ribbed basket.
- They will learn how to follow a pattern. They will be shown how to adapt a pattern for the needs of their basket.
Grades: It’s recommended that the member be at least 10 years of age and is ready to start working independently with guidance.
Cost: Project expenses vary depending on the size of the basket and type of handle used. Most baskets will be less than $20.
- A list of supplies will be emailed to all basketry participants. Please contact Elaine if you did not receive supply list email.
The meetings will be held as noted below and will be held in the Saukville Community Room (basement), 639 E. Green Bay Ave., on the following dates:
- December 8, 2020 10am-2pm
- January 5, 2020 10am-2pm
- February 2, 2020 10am-2pm
- March 7, 2020 8am-12noon
- April 4, 2020 8am-12noon
- May 2, 2020 8am-12noon
- June 7, 2020 8am-12noon
- July 25, 2020 8:00am-12:00pm (make-up date)
Requirements to complete the project is to weave two baskets, and exhibit at least one at the fair. It is not required to be at every meeting, as long as you have two baskets done by year’s end. Feel free to attend part of a meeting is you are unable to attend the entire meeting.
For more information, please contact:
Elaine Diedrich at DenScout@aol.com